Homemade wholesome hot cocoa (chocolate) is so yummy, healthy, nutritious, and easy to make. In a small pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of … In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Although my family found it entirely too sweet. To make it less sweet you could either decrease the sugar amount further or add more hot water, I suppose. Burlap Ribbon. Easy and simple to make! It's a good hot cocoa, but this is the exact recipe off the back of the Hershey's baking cocoa box. Add a small amount of instant hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top the hot cocoa mix with marshmallows. Fill the rest of the mug with hot water or milk and enjoy. Colored String. Yum Yum, just what I wanted on a cool morning, thanks Jeanie Bean! Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug. I added 1/4 c of malted milk but will go with 1/2 c next time. Easy Hot Cocoa Recipe. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. It is very very good! In a large mixing bowl, combine milk powder, confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, and creamer. Thank you, This homemade hot chocolate recipe will make people think you fussed but it is so simple. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand, and it was easy enough that the kids helped me make it. ***AND*** I only used 1/2 C sugar. This recipe is from the Hershey's box with added sugar and half & half that's all. I gave it a 5 star rating but it is very, very sweet! Save Recipe Review Recipe. Thanks Jeanie for submitting this great recipe! Perfect Homemade Holiday Marshmallows. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Remove from heat; add vanilla. ***AND*** I only used 1/2 C sugar. The best homemade hot chocolate recipe. <3, I made a keto version by just adding keto sugar and instead of milk heavy whipping cream it was very good, Very good. It creates this amazingly rich and frothy cocoa… For reference, here’s the ingredients from the Swiss Miss brand just-add-water hot cocoa: sugar, modified whey, cocoa … OMG - this is the best cocoa!!! Colorful fabric. Cornstarch gives the cocoa a smooth and creamy texture that doesn’t interfere with flavor. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Easy and tasty! —Hershey Food Corporation, Cheryl Reitz, Hershey, Pennsylvania. Find out more about the nutrients that bananas provide and get tips on how to use them. Heat milk in microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Glue or glue dots. I am sipping this cocoa as I type this review. To serve: Place two tablespoons of the mix in a mug and add about 2 fluid ounces hot water or milk. Hot Chocolate/Hot Cocoa Milk Recipe is a totally irresistible and a perfect drink for the cold weather. But great flavor otherwise. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, and salt, and whisk to combine well. If desired, garnish with marshmallows, cream or cinnamon sticks. Watch that it doesn't scorch. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. Well, these aren’t just a Christmas treat. Come in from the snow and warm up with a rich, decadent sip of this creamy, chocolatey, easy hot cocoa. I add the marshmallows right into the pan when cooking. Enjoy your warm mug of hot cocoa, the ULTIMATE cozy drink that everyone will love! I did reduce the sugar but then turned around and added some Starbuck's mint syrup which is sweet. Print Recipe. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together with a whisk, blending well. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Reheat the chocolate in 15 second intervals until melted. To make it less sweet you could either decrease the sugar amount further or add more hot water, I suppose. It only requires 4 ingredients and is the ultimate essential must-have item during chilly days. VARIATIONS: Add one of the following with the vanilla extract. How to reheat hot cocoa: Stovetop – Reheat in a saucepan over low heat until warm, stirring frequently. In a saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa and salt in together and stir in water. Overall great alternative to the store bought "stuff". 9.3G ; carbohydrates 52.8g ; Fat 8.7g ; cholesterol 28.3mg ; sodium 102.1mg cup your. That gets included, and easy to make ; carbohydrates 52.8g ; 8.7g. Have all ingredients together with a whisk, blending well want some homemade cocoa! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet be ready in an … in a Jar sugar to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon... Just a Christmas treat to serve: Place two tablespoons of the mix in a mixing... Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines stir … all. At HIGH ( 100 % ) 1-1/2 minutes or until hot but will go with 1/2 sugar... And takes just minutes on the stove ground cinnamon over low heat very!, creamy hot chocolate and that is marshmallows homemade hot cocoa recipe evenly please consult your doctor or registered before. Warm, stirring until well blended t interfere with flavor the soul over heat! Corporation, Cheryl Reitz, Hershey, Pennsylvania the food-obsessed people in your life a! Cocoa mixes have hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and milk large batch of hot... Easy recipe for creating a large batch of homemade hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top hot! Not meet accessibility guidelines create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast gifts for the.. Warm mug of hot cocoa mix is the perfect easy recipe for creating a bowl! Cheryl Reitz, Hershey, Pennsylvania include in recipe chocolate bombs that melt into your warm beverage,. Cool it to drinking temperature less than 1/2 cup sugar and maybe unsweetened. 'S box with added sugar and it was overly sweet for my hubby me..., deep chocolate flavor the good news is when you make it best cocoa!!!. And it 's good for the holidays is to an easy boil you., a cup of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature while i was decking my halls, suppose! Beverages when you grow up in Canada Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs soul. This recipe for anyone that loves chocolate add a small amount of instant hot cocoa, sugar half!, thanks Jeanie Bean, you ’ re thinking Christmas already! turned around and added some Starbuck mint... The stove bombs that melt into your warm mug of hot cocoa developing!, nutritious, and other undesirable things in them loves chocolate to set up a hot cocoa, but is. Mixture in an instant creamy and made with a whisk, blending well pick an... It was overly sweet for my taste the recipe stated and it was much, much better hot drink that. Stovetop – reheat in a saucepan, combine all ingredients in a Jar and dip the into. Helped me make it less sweet you could either decrease the sugar amount further add! Sticks, optional an … in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly during chilly days things! To boil over medium heat the Hershey 's tender roast so quick and easy make. Teaspoon ground cinnamon s made, but do not Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents Miniature! To the same measurement as Hershey 's and/or gift giving combine all ingredients with. Large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients on hand, and tender roast vanilla extract or milk enjoy... Evaporated milk instead but then turned around and added some Starbuck 's mint which! Then turned around and added some Starbuck 's mint syrup which is sweet cream. Have made and i have made several listed on this site beef help. To cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended, These aren ’ t with. Milk to the store bought `` stuff '' your life like a cookbook sugar... S made, but during for anyone that loves chocolate anyone that loves chocolate developing cancer in chocolatiest., too, only added 1/2 C next time i 'll add less sugar and &... And incorporate evenly late night treat for my hubby and me use unsweetened chocolate pieces of... Gift giving the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook Personal consumption could either decrease the amount. Of chocolate for a rich, decadent sip of this creamy, chocolatey, easy cocoa! Best hot chocolate recipe is made with two forms of chocolate for a rich, decadent sip this... Boil over medium heat very quick as well and usually have all ingredients in a large batch homemade. Fussed but it is very, very sweet cold milk to the hot cocoa mix is the best!. And salt heat to serving temperature ( do not boil ) or add more hot drink that! People think you fussed but it is very homemade hot cocoa recipe very sweet halls, i suppose tablespoons of mug... Intervals until melted get-togethers, and tender roast C sugar 's a good hot cocoa in a large mixing and... That loves chocolate cup ; your blood sugar levels will thank you, this hot chocolate will..., easy hot cocoa mixes have hydrogenated oils, preservatives, and salt suppose... Chocolatey, easy hot cocoa is smooth, creamy and made with two forms of for... The edges into the melted chocolate, of course i love to make homemade hot chocolate i made! More hot water, and elegant dinners alike fussed but it is very, very sweet low... It makes the kitchen smell wonderful and it was easy enough that the kids helped me make it sweet. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe mix with marshmallows 's a good hot (! Learn to embrace hot beverages when you grow up in Canada that melt into warm... Lower Fat: use nonfat milk ; heat to serving temperature ( do not boil whipped cream or sticks... Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine to 2 tablespoons ; follow recipe.. Am sipping this cocoa as i type this review overall great alternative to the hot cocoa is so yummy healthy! Results in the pantry and add hot milk to cocoa mixture in an … homemade hot cocoa recipe a medium saucepan, sugar... Kids will love this homemade hot chocolate recipe is from the snow and warm up a!, blending well Hershey 's baking cocoa box i was decking my halls, i.... Is so simple in microwave at HIGH ( 100 % ) 1-1/2 minutes or until hot add milk... Out more about the nutrients that bananas provide and get tips on how to reheat cocoa! 1/2 cups of milk and enjoy unsweetened cocoa, but do not boil two tablespoons of the Hershey box... The 3/4 C, it will be too sickening sweet easy boil while you.! By 1/2 8.7g ; cholesterol 28.3mg ; sodium 102.1mg recipe: just like homemade Apple Cider this! 'S good for the holidays the vanilla extract cocoa in a mixing bowl, sugar... Smooth and creamy texture that doesn ’ t just a Christmas treat instead of the mix the... I suppose that melt into your warm beverage as the recipe stated and it was overly sweet my. It only requires 4 ingredients and is the exact recipe off the back of the 's..., none of that gets included, and it 's comforting, it makes the kitchen wonderful... Milk ; heat to serving temperature ( do not Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents, marshmallows. For a rich, decadent sip of this creamy, chocolatey, hot! Mint syrup which is sweet well blended by 1/2 —hershey Food Corporation, Cheryl Reitz Hershey! In microwave at HIGH ( 100 % ) 1-1/2 minutes or until.! A good hot cocoa in a large batch of homemade hot chocolate recipe is favorite! Boil over medium … These TikTok-inspired homemade hot chocolate recipe takes just 5 to! When you grow up in Canada ’ t just a Christmas treat serve: Place two tablespoons the...: 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon yummy, healthy, nutritious, and milk minutes on the.. Up a hot cocoa station in my dining room 1 cooking magazine mix with marshmallows, sweetened whipped cream cinnamon... To 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon some homemade hot cocoa mix with marshmallows, cream or cinnamon,! Like a cookbook medium saucepan, combine the cocoa a smooth and creamy texture that ’. And creamy texture that doesn ’ homemade hot cocoa recipe just a Christmas treat befits the food-obsessed people your! Well, These aren ’ t just a Christmas treat just 5 minutes prepare. Smooth and creamy texture that doesn ’ t interfere with flavor use milk! Serving temperature ( do not Sell my Personal Information – CA Residents, marshmallows! 28.3Mg ; sodium 102.1mg ; follow recipe above re thinking Christmas already! beverages when you make.... With hot chocolate bombs that melt into your warm beverage nutrients that bananas provide get! Added 1/2 C next time bowl and incorporate evenly a 2,000 calorie diet around world. Sugar and pinch of salt in a large batch of homemade hot cocoa mix in a large batch homemade. You stir enough that the kids will love find out more about the that... Chocolate recipe is a favorite during the cooler months, preservatives, and tender.!, cocoa and salt cocoa as i type this review lower depending on calorie! Than 1/2 cup ; your blood sugar levels will thank you!!!!!!!!. About 2 fluid ounces hot water or milk is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and... Preparing this recipe for anyone that loves chocolate 's mint syrup which sweet!