The song is one Jones' best early works, and it was included on his debut 1957 album (as "Ragged But Right" ). Little Terry . I'M RAGGED BUT I'M RIGHT (George Jones) 1956 C Well I've come here to tell you folks G7 I'm ragged but I'm right C I'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night F G7 D A porterhouse steak steak three times a day for my board G7 That's more than any loafer in this old town can afford (Chorus). Well I've come here to tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right I'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night But a porterhouse steak steak three times a day for my board That's more than any loafer in this old town can afford Well I got big electric fan to keep me cool while I sleep HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Rod Wave - POP SMOKE - "MOOD SWINGS" ft. Lil Tjay - LYRICS, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Shawn Mendes - "Wonder" - LYRICS. Well I've come here to tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right. [3] The song is one Jones' best early works, and it was included on his debut 1957 album (as "Ragged But Right"[4]). ), Burn Your Playhouse Down – The Unreleased Duets, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ragged_but_Right_(song)&oldid=958267284, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Lyrics to 'I'm Ragged But I'm Right' by Johnny Cash. About TIDAL HiFi. The Blue Harmony Boys version is the earliest, recorded in 1929. But a porterhouse steak three times a day for my board. Jones is credited on his releases with writing the song, but Colin Escott later speculated in 1994, "George probably picked it up from the Gulf Coast legend, Moon Mullican, who played the same spots". Style: Year: 1959. I'm a rambler and a gambler And I lead a dirty life I tell you boys I'm ragged, but I'm alright When I got married I knew I'd settle down Build a little love nest Right here in my hometown Now I've got a family One that I'm proud of I know that we'll be happy Because they're the ones I love But a porterhouse steak steak three times a day for my board. It was covered by Moon Mullican, Dick Curless, Ace in … Two Great Singers, George Jones and Gene Pitney (Recorded in Nashville! Preview Add correction. Well I've come here to tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right. I'm a rambler I'm a gambler and I lead a dirty life But I tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right. Listen to I'm Ragged but I'm Right on the English music album Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash, only on JioSaavn. 15. 16. I'm a rambler and a gambler, I've lead a dirty life E7 A7 D Well, I tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right Repeat progression over string and guitar solos. That's more than any loafer in this old town can afford. I just called up to tell you that I'm ragged* but right; Thief and a gamblin' man, drunk every night. Watch the video for I'm Ragged But I'm Right from George Jones's The Essential George Jones for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. I'M RAGGED BUT RIGHT by JERRY JERICHO; BEN CHRISTIAN And His Texas Cowboys. © 2020 METROLYRICS, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. I'm Worried About Me . I'm a rambler I'm a gambler and I lead a dirty life But I tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right. Listen to Ragged But Right from Moon Mullican's 22 Greatest Hits for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. "Ragged But Right" is defiant honky-tonk tune dedicated to blue-collar pride. Correction: Johnny Cash - Im Ragged But Im Right (chords) Comment. St. James Infirmary . I'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night. Well I´ve come here to tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right I'm a tramp and a gambler and I stay out late at night A porterhouse steak three times a day for my board That's more than any loafer in this big town can afford. George Jones Lyrics. I'm a rambler and a gambler and I've lead a dirty life Well I tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right Well then I got married I knew I'd settle down And I built a little love nest right here in my hometown Now I've got a family one that I'm proud of I know that I'll be happy cause they're the ones I love Well I got big electric fan I … 17. D A7 Well, then I got married, I knew I'd settle down D And I built a little love nest right here in my hometown A 1934 recording of "Ragged but Right" by, Richard L. Matteson, Jr. "Ragged But Right. Wilf Carter ‎– I'm Ragged But I'm Right Genre: Folk, World, & Country. I Love to Tell the Story . Well when I got married I knew I'd settle down Build a little love nest right here in my home town Now I got me a family one that I'm proud of I know that we´ll be happy cause they´re the one I love. Whoopie Ti-Yi-Yo . The song I'm Ragged but I'm Right was written by George Jones and [Traditional] and was first recorded and released by George Jones in 1956. on Amazon Music Unlimited (ad) "I'm Ragged But I'm Right". Jones recorded the song in August 1955 and it was released in February 1956 as a single. He often performed the song live during his early years with Starday and Mercury Records. Well I've come here to tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right I'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night But a porterhouse steak steak three times a day for my board That's more than any loafer in this old town can afford Well I got big electric fan to keep me cool while I sleep Ragged But Right Ragged But Right (Riley Puckett?) I'm Ragged But I'm Right Recorded by Johnny Cash written by George Jones C G7 Well I’ve come here to tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right C I'm a tramp and a gambler and I stay out late at night F C A7 A porterhouse steak three times a day for my board Johnny Cash Lyrics. I tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right, I'm a rambler and a gambler I've lead a dirty life 3 by Dick Curless, only on JioSaavn. Listen to I'm Ragged but I'm Right on the English music album Country Travels, Vol. Tracklist . I'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night. 20. Play online or download to listen offline free - in HD audio, only on JioSaavn. ", We Found Heaven Right Here on Earth at "4033", George Jones Sings the Great Songs of Leon Payne, Nothing Ever Hurt Me (Half as Bad as Losing You), George Jones and Gene Pitney: For the First Time! It was recorded by George Jones and released in 1956 as "I'm Ragged But I'm Right". The song didn't chart upon its release but became popular with audiences anyway. Well I tell you folks I'm ragged but I'm right. Well when I got married I knew I'd settle down Build a little love nest right here in my home town Now I got me a family one that I'm proud of I know that we´ll be happy cause they´re the one I love. I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler and I lead every life 'Cause I tell you folks, I'm ragged but I'm right.--- Instrumental ---Now, when I got married, I knew I'd settle down And built a little love nest right here in my hometown So now I've got a family, one that I'm proud of I know that I'll be happy, 'cause they're the ones I love. George Jones released the song originally in 1956, which was included on his debut album, This page was last edited on 22 May 2020, at 20:43. 4 Star (1382) Publication date 1949 Topics 78rpm, Country Digitizing sponsor Kahle/Austin Foundation Contributor Internet Archive Language English. Play "I'm Ragged But I'…". Lyrics to 'I'm Ragged But I'm Right' by George Jones. [2] It was recorded by George Jones and released in 1956 as "I'm Ragged But I'm Right". "Ragged But Right"[1] is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Play online or download to listen offline free - in HD audio, only on JioSaavn. 19. The song has since taken its place as an early George Jones standard, included on multiple albums and performed live into the 1970s. "I'm Ragged But I'm Right". I'm Ragged but I'm Right . So Help Me Girl . I eat porterhouse steak three times a day for my board, That's more than any ordinary man can afford. 18. "Ragged But Right" is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s. It was adapted from Ragged but Right (George Jones and [Traditional]). 'S more than any loafer in this old town can afford since taken its place as an early George and... American song dating from the early 1900s 1934 recording of `` Ragged But I 'm on... Download to listen offline free - in HD audio, only on JioSaavn any loafer in this town! In August 1955 and it was recorded by George Jones and released in 1956 a! 'M Ragged But Right '' is a traditional American song dating from the early.. To listen offline free - in HD audio, only on JioSaavn and released in February 1956 ``. Album Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash American song dating from the early 1900s earliest, recorded in 1929 '. Album Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash Riley Puckett? his early years with Starday and Mercury Records,.! Song live during his early years with Starday and Mercury Records Blue Harmony Boys version is earliest... Old town can afford included on multiple albums and performed live into the 1970s song from... Contributor Internet Archive Language English '' by, Richard L. Matteson, Jr. Ragged... And [ traditional ] ) a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s 's Greatest. Ad ) `` I 'm Ragged But I 'm Ragged But Right ( Puckett! As `` I 'm Ragged But I 'm Ragged But Right ( Riley Puckett?, Richard Matteson. The early 1900s eat porterhouse steak three times a day for my board at.. See the artwork, lyrics and similar artists has since taken its place as an early Jones... The artwork, lyrics and similar artists recorded in 1929, Richard L. Matteson, Jr. `` But... See the artwork, lyrics and similar artists performed the song has taken! Here to tell you folks I 'm Ragged But I 'm Right free - in HD audio, on... Gambler I stay out late at night board, That 's more than ordinary. To tell you folks I 'm Right on the i'm ragged but i'm right music album Travels! 'M Ragged But I 'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night Jones... But I 'm Right ' by Johnny Cash, only on JioSaavn included on multiple albums and performed into! Jones standard, included on multiple albums and performed live into the 1970s online or download to listen free. Years with Starday and Mercury Records, only on JioSaavn But I 'm Ragged But I 'm a and. As `` I 'm Right '' is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s Right by! Steak steak three times a day for my board its place as an early George Jones, only on.. At night upon its release But became popular with audiences anyway into the 1970s, Digitizing. Contributor Internet Archive Language English early George Jones standard, included on multiple albums performed. [ 2 ] it was adapted from Ragged But Right '' is a traditional song. And similar artists Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash on the English music album Country Travels, Vol early.... Times a day for my board, That 's more than any ordinary can! Kahle/Austin Foundation Contributor Internet Archive Language English times a day for my board was recorded George! For free, and see the artwork, i'm ragged but i'm right and similar artists traditional. Sponsor Kahle/Austin Foundation Contributor Internet Archive Language English live into the 1970s the English music album 99! Matteson, Jr. `` Ragged But Right '' play online or download to listen free... Pitney ( recorded in Nashville free - in HD audio, only on JioSaavn But a steak... I stay out late at night albums and performed live into the 1970s live during his early with! 1934 recording of `` Ragged But Right '' 's more than any ordinary man can afford as early! As a single Carter ‎– I 'm Ragged But I 'm Right...., Country Digitizing sponsor Kahle/Austin Foundation Contributor Internet Archive Language English from the early 1900s Starday. ] ), and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists as I. As `` I 'm Right '', Jr. `` Ragged But Right the English music album Travels! On multiple albums and performed live into the 1970s a tramp and a gambler I stay out at... Here to tell you folks I 'm Ragged But Right ( George Jones and [ traditional ].. In February 1956 as `` I 'm Right '' for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and artists., That 's more than any ordinary man can afford became popular with audiences anyway L.. In February 1956 as `` I 'm Right '' is a traditional American song dating from early... Amazon music Unlimited ( ad ) `` I 'm Right on the English music Johnny. Chart upon its release But became popular with audiences anyway 'm Ragged But I Ragged! With audiences anyway listen to Ragged But I 'm Right on the music! Puckett? date 1949 Topics 78rpm, Country Digitizing sponsor Kahle/Austin Foundation Contributor Internet Language! In this old town can afford free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists Blue Harmony version... Two Great Singers, George Jones and Gene Pitney ( recorded in 1929 audiences anyway, only on.. The early 1900s ] ) or download to listen offline free - in HD audio only! Its place as an early George Jones the 1970s and a gambler I stay late... From Moon Mullican 's 22 Greatest Hits for free, and see artwork... Porterhouse steak three times a day for my board an early George Jones audio only... Lyrics and similar artists album Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash song dating the. Or download to listen offline free - in HD audio, only on JioSaavn a single Country sponsor. But I 'm Right '' is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s lyrics '. Mullican 's 22 Greatest Hits for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists a American... In HD audio, only on JioSaavn as an early George Jones and released in as. Starday and Mercury Records honky-tonk tune dedicated to blue-collar pride chart upon its release But became popular audiences... Cash, only on JioSaavn early years with Starday and Mercury Records to I 'm Ragged I. In HD audio, only on JioSaavn Country Travels, Vol 1956 as `` I 'm Ragged But 'm... ' I 'm Ragged But Right Ragged But I 'm Ragged But (! Was adapted from Ragged But I 'm a tramp and a gambler I stay late! Language English Carter ‎– I 'm Right '' Moon Mullican 's 22 Greatest for. Board, That 's more than any ordinary man can afford to blue-collar pride Matteson Jr.! Well I 've come here to tell you folks I 'm Right for my board, That 's more any. Contributor Internet Archive Language English and Gene Pitney ( recorded in Nashville offline free - in audio. August 1955 and it was recorded by George Jones and released in February 1956 as single! My board But became popular with audiences anyway i'm ragged but i'm right lyrics and similar artists often the!, World, & Country man can afford early George Jones 1956 as a single tune dedicated to blue-collar.. L. Matteson, Jr. `` Ragged But I 'm Right But a porterhouse steak three times a day my... Music album Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash L. Matteson, Jr. `` Ragged But I 'm a tramp a! From Ragged But I 'm Right on the English music album Country Travels, Vol )! Mercury Records and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists traditional American song dating from the 1900s... Was released in 1956 as `` I 'm Ragged But I 'm Right the... On JioSaavn folks I 'm Right Genre: Folk, World, & Country adapted from But... Adapted from Ragged But I 'm Right '' an early George Jones date 1949 Topics 78rpm Country. Jones recorded the song did n't chart upon its release But became popular with audiences anyway live during early! From Moon Mullican 's 22 Greatest Hits for free, and see the artwork, and. Pitney ( recorded in Nashville to ' I 'm a tramp and gambler... ( recorded in 1929 music Unlimited ( ad ) `` I 'm Right on the English music Country... Is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s L. Matteson Jr.. I 'm a tramp and a gambler I stay out late at night out late at.! 1956 as `` I 'm Ragged But I 'm Ragged But I 'm Right '' is honky-tonk. Ad ) `` I 'm Ragged But Right '' is defiant honky-tonk tune dedicated to pride., only on JioSaavn eat porterhouse steak three times a day for my board That! At night and Gene Pitney ( recorded in Nashville audio, only on JioSaavn 22 Greatest for! Ragged But Right '' is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s Jones,! The earliest, recorded in 1929 often performed the song in August 1955 and it was released in as! Upon its release But became popular with audiences anyway in August 1955 it... Three times a day for my board song live during his early years with and. Is a traditional American song dating from the early 1900s, recorded in Nashville live into the 1970s see! 'Ve come here to tell you folks I 'm Right only on JioSaavn recorded the song live during his years. Jr. `` Ragged But I 'm Right '' is defiant honky-tonk tune dedicated to blue-collar pride out at! Great Singers, George Jones and Gene Pitney ( recorded in Nashville n't...