The phrase “ your word is your bond” has roots in black America, with a rich hip-hop history. *When talking to Sai about saving Sasuke from Orochimaru* "I don't care who I have to fight! My word is my bond. google_ad_type = "text_image"; Word is bond STA is comprised of 26 Affiliate organizations, nationally and internationally, with a total of 4,200 professional trade industry members who are engaged in the buying, selling and trading of securities. Then could I drink with a clear conscience—but I signed the pledge, and my word is my bond. search results for this author. “My word is my bond” is an old saying that has been cited in print since at least 1748. An apt title given the most common hip-hop phrase of the 90’s “My Word Is My Bond” has a biblical origin. Database: WorldCat "My word is my bond" is the motto of the London Stock Exchange (LSE). Passed down in Suetonius's biography of him in Lives of the Twelve Caesars (8). google_color_link = "0000FF"; It contains a collection of interviews with twenty-one of the most influential members of that established bastion of auction markets. Motto of the London Stock Exchange. Discarded as trash in 2006. google_ad_format = "120x600_as"; google_color_url = "008000"; The stewards of people's money were revealed to have been speculators with it. No formal documents are signed, for on the exchange a man’s word is his bond. My word is my bond. Audio provided by Dorothy Emmerich. And if he gouges out my … Wikipedia: London Stock Exchange "To become Hokage is my dream!"